COVID-19 and your visit to Boishébert and Beaubears Island Shipbuilding National Historic Sites
Openings and services differ across the country. Please check the Parks Canada national information portal dedicated to COVID-19 for regular updates.
Important information about your visit to Boishébert and Beaubears Island Shipbuilding National Historic Sites
Boishébert and Beaubears Island Shipbuilding National Historic Sites have reopened with limited visitor services.
Visitors have access to the following services and facilities:
What’s open (updated June 17, 2021)
- Visitor Information Centre
- Ferry service from the Visitor Information Center to the Island Opens on June 23
- Guided Island Tours Opens on June 23
- Trails, docks, pit privies and picnic area
What’s closed (updated June 17, 2021)
- The Voyager Canoe Program
Your safety when visiting
- Visitors are always responsible for their own safety. Anyone participating in recreational activities should be extra cautious to avoid injury and/or getting lost to help minimize the demands placed on search and rescue teams and on the health care system.
- Always keep your pet on a leash and leave no trace.
- Visitors must respect all closures and signage.