COVID-19 and your visit to Halifax Citadel National Historic Site
Openings and services differ across the country. Please check the Parks Canada national information portal dedicated to COVID-19 for regular updates.
Updated: October 12, 2021
This location is:
Changes that may affect your visit
As of October 4, 2021, following provincial public health measures, proof of full vaccination is required to enter all Nova Scotia national historic sites and Parks Canada organized events and experiences for visitors 12 years of age and older.
Proof of full vaccination is required for
- admission to Halifax Citadel National Historic Site
- any guided activities, such as tours (public or private)
Proof of full vaccination is not required to access the grounds or Perimeter Road.
Mask-wearing continues to be required in indoor spaces.
- Coffee bar
Plan your visit
- Hours of operation
- Event and facility rentals available on a case by case basis
- Booked programs and interior facility rentals may be permitted if they meet public health guidelines. Call 902-426-1900 for more information.
- Exterior events and facility rentals may be permitted if they meet public health guidelines. Call 902-426-5080 for more information.