COVID-19 and your visit to Fort Malden National Historic Site
Openings and services differ across the country. Please check the Parks Canada national information portal dedicated to COVID-19 for regular updates.
Important information about your visit to Fort Malden National Historic Site
Fort Malden National Historic Site is open 10am-5pm Wednesday to Sunday in June, July, and August 2021.
What’s open (updated July 15, 2021)
- Visitor Orientation Centre
- Gift shop
- Grounds and waterfront pathway
- Historic demonstrations
- Heritage buildings open with limited capacity and directional signage
- Please note: all indoor programming has moved outdoors.
What’s closed (updated July 15, 2021)
- All guided tours remain suspended.
- All special events and group events remain suspended.
Your safety when visiting
- Visitors must respect physical distancing of 2 metres / 6.5 feet.
- Visitors must respect all signage, including signage about pets.
- Leave no trace when you visit outdoor spaces – Place waste in receptacles provided.
- Be extra cautious when engaging in recreational activities to avoid injury.
- Respect the guidance of public health authorities to help keep our families, friends, and neighbours healthy and safe.
Parks Canada is working with provincial counterparts, local municipalities, and communities to keep visitors and residents informed and safe.
For the most up to date information, visit: