Curious, comfortable and out of this world
These new teardrop-shaped Ôasis pods perched high above the spacious and secluded campsites at Lock 9 - Meyers and Lock 10 - Hagues Reach make the perfect adventure getaway for couples, small families and solo trekkers. Let your imaginations soar during your stay in one of these treetop hideaways, each one claiming its own gorgeous campsite tucked into an enchanting pocket of treeline along the Trent-Severn Waterway. Sleep under a canopy of stars, with a view of passing boats, in the sheltered embrace of the forest.
Where to find them
What to expect
Please note: There is no electricity, plumbing, running water or heat source inside the Ôasis pods.
- $122.65/night (+ reservation fees)
- Reservations can be made online or by phone at 1-877-RESERVE (1-877-737-3783)
- Staff hours:
- Lock Staff will be available between 1:00 pm and 4:00 pm See all hours of operation
- After hours registration:
- If you plan on arriving outside of operational hours, please call the lockstations directly to obtain registration instructions, plus information on washroom access and purchasing wood for a campfire
- Check-in time:
- 3:00 pm
- Early check-ins may be available. Visitors are encouraged to call the lock station for early check-in times
- Lockstation hours of operations are limited. Plan your arrivals in advance
- Check-out time:
- Before 11:00 am
- Quiet hours:
- 10:00 pm - 7:00 am
- Daily vehicle parking for (2) vehicles at lot located near the lockstation
- Maximum length of stay:
- No maximum
- Maximum persons per pod:
- 2 adults and 2 kids
- Extra camping units allowed beside the pod:
- (1) additional tent is permitted on your site
- Generator policy:
- No Generators provided. Use of generators is limited to 7:00 am - 10:00 pm
- Minimum age policy:
- A minimum of one adult (19 years of age or older) per Ôasis is required
- Internet/Wi-Fi access:
- Wi-Fi is not available at this section of the Trent-Severn Waterway
- Mobile/Cell reception:
Inside the Ôasis pods
- Interior area of 6 m2
- Convertible table/bed sleeps 2 adults; cushions are provided
- Suspended hammock loft sleeps 2 children (up to a maximum weight of 100kg / 220 lbs)
- (1) Solar-powered USB outlet with 2 ports
- (1) Battery powered lamp provided
Please note: blankets and pillows are not provided.
At your campsite
- Lockable food storage bin
- Food preparation station and shelter with picnic table
- BBQ, propane, and cooking tools
- Fire pit
- 2 deck chairs
Facilities and services at lockstation
- Basic washroom facilities are located at the lockstation within a short walking distance of the Ôasis pods
- Potable water is available at the lockstation
- Additional amenities (such as showers and dishwashing sinks) vary by location
Please call the lockstation during hours of operation to inquire about specific facilities.
What to bring
- Bedding and pillow
- Flashlight, lantern or headlamp
- Personal gear: clothing, accessories, toiletries and slippers or indoor shoes
- Personal safety items: whistle, first aid kit, sunscreen and bug repellant
- Cooking equipment, food and drinks, reusable water bottles, etc.
- Entertainment items (i.e. binoculars, books, cards or sporting equipment, etc.)
- Other (matches or lighter, rope, etc.)
Rules that apply to the other camping sites along the Trent-Severn Waterway also apply to Parks Canada Ôasis sites. Before you visit, please review all Visitor Guidelines.
Only guide dogs or support animals are allowed inside the Ôasis structures. Pets in the park must be leashed at all times.
CookingFor safety reasons, cooking is NOT allowed inside the Ôasis. Please use the outdoor propane bbqs or firepits provided.
CleaningThe Ôasis must be swept clean prior to departure. Please use the broom and dustpan provided.
Garbage and recycling
If you accumulate any garbage or recycling during your stay, please use the bins located at the lockstation.
Please store food, drinks, and scented products securely in the metal storage bins supplied on your Ôasis site so that wildlife does not seek access to your Ôasis. Please do not leave any garbage or recycling in the storage boxes upon departure.
Swimming, diving and bathing are strictly prohibited at all navigation channels along the Trent-Severn Waterway.
Alcohol and cannabis
Possession and consumption of alcohol is enforced in accordance with the Ontario Liquor License Act. The act prohibits consuming or having an open container of liquor on docks, shelters and public areas. Liquor can be consumed at your rented Ôasis site ONLY.
Cannabis consumption is prohibited around cooking shelters and public areas, and is restricted to your campsite. Smoking is prohibited in the Ôasis.
Firewood can not be brought into the park. Firewood must be purchased within the site and is available at the lockstation. Campfires allowed in designated fire pits only.
Visitors arriving by car will park adjacent the lockstation for check-in. A luggage cart/wagon will be provided to you for transporting any equipment or food from the parking lot to your site.
Paddle docks are located at both the upper and lower reaches of Lock 9. The Ôasis units are located at the lower reach. Overnight visitors arriving by paddlecraft at the lower reach will exit the water at the paddle dock and walk to their site. Paddlers arrving at the Upper Reach may either lock through to the lower dock, or exit the water and portage down to the Ôasis sites (approx. 800m)
The Town of Campbellford is located about 10 minutes away by car, 25 minutes by bike or 1-2 hours on the water. Here you will find a charming waterfront community with restaurants, gas stations and grocery options, as well as outdoor outfitters and hardware stores.
Mosquitos and blackflies can become a problem at outdoor campsites in this region during certain seasons. Wear a bug jacket and/or insect repellant when conditions are particularly bothersome (ie. at dusk). Lyme disease-carrying ticks can also pose a risk to campers and hikers in Ontario. Be sure to check yourself for ticks often, especially when playing in or around long grass and weeds.
You may also like…