Situated between Lakefield and Peterborough in the Township of Douro-Dummer this site is a gem of the Trent-Severn Waterway. Known for its beautiful and peaceful location, the oTENTik accommodations on this site are a nature-lover’s dream, with modern amenities close at hand. Relax and enjoy the peace and quiet or take advantage of the great nearby walking/bike trail, parkland, picnic areas and perfect opportunities for paddling.
Where is it
Reserve a site
There are (4) oTENTik sites available to reserve at Lock 24 - Douro. Three of them are located on a small island between the canal and the Otonabee River (D001, D002, D003) and one fully-accessible oTENTik is located beside the lock (D004).
Phone number: 1-877-RESERVE (737-3783)Reservation fees
Know before you go
Please note: There is no electricity, plumbing, running water or heat source inside the oTENTik.
- Bunk-bed style beds on a raised floor with enough room to comfortably sleep 5-6 people*
- Indoor table and bench/chairs
- Interior lights
- A solar-powered 12V light, phone charger and outlet
- Broom and dustpan
- Fire extinguisher; smoke and carbon monoxide detectors
- Ample storage space under beds for gear and belongings
*Please note: blankets and pillows are not provided.
- Food storage unit
- Food preparation station
- Propane BBQ and propane
- Fire pit
- Picnic table
- Deck chairs
- Paddle dock nearby
What to bring
- Bedding and pillow(s)
- Flashlight, lantern or headlamp
- Personal gear: clothing, accessories, toiletries and slippers or indoor shoes
- Personal safety items: whistle, first aid kit, sunscreen and bug repellant
- Cooking equipment
- Food and drinks, reusable water bottles, etc.
- Entertainment (i.e. binoculars, books, cards, sporting equipment, etc.)
- Other (matches or lighter, rope, etc.)
Facilities at the lockstation
- Washrooms, potable water and sinks for washing dishes are available at the lockstation
- Bike lock area
- Easily accessible water locations for canoes and kayaks
- Firewood and ice for sale at lockstation
When you get here
- Staff hours:
- Lock Staff are on site as per the Trent-Severn Waterway National Historic Site Hours of Operation seasonal schedule.
- Check-in time:
- After 3:00 pm
- Early check-ins may be available; please call the lock station
- Check-out time:
- Before 11:00 am
- After hours registration:
- If you plan on arriving outside of operational hours, please call the lockstations directly to obtain registration instructions, plus information on washroom access and purchasing wood for a campfire.
- Maximum camping units per site:
- No additional tents are allowed
- Maximum persons per oTENTik:
- Up to 6 people
- Generator policy:
- No generators provided
- Use of any personal generator is limited to 7:00 am - 10:00 pm
- Electrical service:
Accessing your site
- Boaters can safely moor their vessels at the lockstation overnight
- An overnight mooring pass is required
- Mooring permits may be purchased on-site or online in advance
- Maximum vehicles per site: 2
- Recreational vehicles (RVs) are prohibited
- Parking spots are usually located adjacent the lockstation
- A short walk is required to reach your oTENTik site
- Walking or cycling:
- The oTENTik sites are located in an area of the lockstation that can be challenging to reach on foot
- Bicycles may not be able to cross some overhead walkways
- Phone the lockstation in advance to inquire about specific site access limitations
Rules that apply to the other camping sites along the Trent-Severn Waterway also apply to Parks Canada oTENTik sites. Before you visit, please review all Visitor Guidelines.
10:00 pm to 7:00 am
Only guide dogs or support animals are allowed inside the oTENTik structures. Pets in the park must be leashed at all times.
CookingFor safety reasons, cooking is NOT allowed inside the oTENTik. Please use the outdoor propane bbqs or firepits provided.
CleaningThe oTENTik must be cleaned prior to departure. Please use the broom and dustpan provided.
Garbage and recycling
If you accumulate any garbage or recycling during your stay, please use the bins located at the lockstation.
Please store food, drinks, and scented products securely in the metal storage bins supplied on your oTENTik site so that wildlife does not seek access to your oTENTik. Please do not leave any garbage or recycling in the storage boxes upon departure.
Swimming, diving and bathing are strictly prohibited at all navigation channels along the Trent-Severn Waterway.
Alcohol and cannabis
Possession and consumption of alcohol is enforced in accordance with the Ontario Liquor License Act. The act prohibits consuming or having an open container of liquor on docks, shelters and public areas. Liquor can be consumed at your rented oTENTik site ONLY.
Cannabis consumption is prohibited around cooking shelters and public areas, and is restricted to your campsite. Smoking is prohibited in the oTENTiks.
Firewood can not be brought into the park. Firewood must be purchased within the site and is available at the lockstation. Campfires allowed in designated fire pits only.
Protect your forests from the Emerald Ash Borer
The Emerald Ash Borer is a highly destructive invasive insect which attacks and kills all species of ash. It has the capability to spread rapidly throughout trees and forests.
- Date modified :