Lock 8 - Percy Reach
Lock 8 is located at the end of a dead end road, in a quiet country setting. Popular with boaters because of its secluded location, excellent fishing and proximity to the Murray Marsh, plan on arriving early if you want to overnight. From Lock 8, boaters can walk the Centennial Trail, a length of 1.6 kilometres (1 mile), which runs between Percy Reach and Meyers locks.
- Address: 26 Lock Point, Seymour Twp, Ontario
- Nautical chart: 2021 (more on Nautical charts)
- Kilometer marker: 40.7 km (mile 25.3)
- GPS: 44°14'11.1" N 77°47'03.4"W
Facilities and services
Winding your way through fertile farmland and St. Lawrence Lowland geography you have arrived at Percy Reach. Considered to be one of the most peaceful sites today, it was the most complex section on the Trent River to construct. The contract was awarded to the firm Haney, Quinlan & Robertson and included building 5 locks, 3 dams, 4 bridges and a concrete retaining wall.
- Trent-Severn Trail Towns (Campbellford)
- Northumberland Tourism
Phone number: (905) 372-3329 ext 2257 or 2237 or 1-866-401-3278
- Municipality of Trent Hills
Phone number: 1-888-653-1556
- Trent Hills & District Chamber of Commerce
Phone number: (705) 653-1551 or 1-888-653-1556
- Kawarthas Northumberland