Lock 9 - Meyers
A quiet, secluded lock station surrounded by farmland and trees, it is one of the prettiest stations on the Waterway. One of the restored lockmaster houses, which now serves as the lock station office and houses public washrooms, is located here. The Centennial Trial connects the Meyers Lock with Percy Reach. The lower level mooring in particular is sheltered from the wind.
- Address: 706 Hague’s Reach Road, Seymour Twp, Ontario
- Nautical chart: 2021 (more on Nautical charts)
- Kilometer marker: 42.5 km (mile 26.4)
- GPS: 44°14'50.5"N 77°48'00.7"W
Facilities and services
Originally, the Waterway was created as timber barons, farmers, merchants and commercial travellers sought passage from town to town. The numerous rapids on this stretch of river necessitated the construction of several dams to control the water flow and level and locks were built to bypass the dams. This is known as a “slack water system” and is a basis for much of the Trent-Severn Waterway.
- Trent-Severn Trail Towns (Campbellford)
- Trent Hills & District Chamber of Commerce
Phone number: (705) 653-1551 or 1-888-653-1556
- Northumberland Tourism
Phone number: (905) 372-3329 ext 2257 or 2237 or 1-866-401-3278
- Municipality of Trent Hills
Phone number: 1-888-653-1556
- Kawarthas Northumberland