Lock 11-12 - Ranney Falls
Ranney Falls Locks are the first of two flight locks on the Waterway. Locks 11/12 are located at the south end of the Town of Campbellford. A short walk to the nearby suspension bridge to Ferris Provincial Park and the Rotary Trail offer excellent opportunities to stretch the legs. An excellent range of services is available nearby including a hospital, in this town of 3400 people.
- Address: 15 Trent Dr, Campbellford, Ontario
- Nautical chart: #2021 (more on Nautical charts)
- Kilometer marker: 47.8 km (mile 29.7)
- GPS: 44°16'03.7"N 77°47'36.9"W
Facilities and services
The site of an early timber slide, an artificial canal cut was built branching off the west side of the river to accommodate the dams, industries and bridges that existed in Campbellford. This flight lock (2 locks together) enabled vessels to bypass Ranney Falls. A private power plant was built adjacent to the locks and today you can also visit the Ranney Gorge Suspension Bridge located nearby.
- Trent-Severn Trail Towns (Campbellford)
- Trent Hills & District Chamber of Commerce
Phone number: (705) 653-1551 or 1-888-653-1556
- Northumberland Tourism
Phone number: (905) 372-3329 ext 2257 or 2237 or 1-866-401-3278
- Municipality of Trent Hills
Phone number: 1-888-653-1556
- Kawarthas Northumberland