Lock 18 - Hastings
Located in the Town of Hastings, this is the last lock before entering Rice Lake. The lock itself has a nice park area with tables providing a great spot for lunch or an afternoon break. There are 60 kilometres of open channel upstream to the next station at Scotts Mills.
- Address: 4 Bridge St. N, Hastings, Ontario
- Nautical chart: #2021 (more on Nautical charts)
- Kilometer marker: 82.3 km (mile 51.1)
- GPS: 44°18'32.0"N 77°57'21.1"W
Facilities and services
The site of an early milling complex, a masonry lock was built at Crooks Rapids in 1838 for $25K. Renamed Hastings, the town had numerous industries powered by a timber dam and slide, till fires destroyed the complex. Randolph MacDonald & Company won the contract for a new concrete lock, dam and railway piers. Today, Hasting is a friendly town that is a favourite for those that like to fish.
- Trent-Severn Trail Towns (Hastings)
- Trent Hills & District Chamber of Commerce
Phone number: (705) 653-1551 or 1-888-653-1556
- Northumberland Tourism
Phone number: (905) 372-3329 ext 2257 or 2237 or 1-866-401-3278
- Municipality of Trent Hills
Phone number: 1-888-653-1556
- Kawarthas Northumberland