Lock 33 - Lindsay
The Lindsay Lock allows access from the main navigation channel to Lake Scugog. The lock station is located centrally in the Town of Lindsay. Boaters who wish to navigate beyond Lindsay should note that there is a fixed bridge with a 3.7 metre (12ft) clearance and that the channel depths vary greatly throughout the season.
- Address: 3 King St, Lindsay, ON K9V 1C5
- Nautical chart: #2026 (more on Nautical charts)
- Kilometer marker: 251.6 km (mile 156.4)
- GPS: 44°21'25.7"N 78°44'05.5"W
Facilities and services
- Overnight mooring
- Camping (not recommended)
- Potable water
- Picnic area
- Visitor information
Constructed: 1837-1844; 1870;1909-1910
Lock 33 was built at Purdy’s Mill during the first phase of canal construction but was subsequently converted to a timber slide when traffic declined. It was rebuilt by the Ontario Government in the 1870s, and the lock and dam were transferred to the Federal Government in 1906 and later rebuilt in concrete. Today, this lock is still one of five locks that are operated with manual sweeps.