Lock 35 - Rosedale
Surrounded by trees and vegetation, this secluded lock station is a popular spot for a day picnic and overnight mooring. Great overnight accommodations, including oTENTik campsites with paddle docks, await visitors on nearby Dewey’s Island.
- Address: 161 Trent Canal Rd, Rosedale, Ontario
- Nautical chart: #2025 (more on Nautical charts)
- Kilometer marker: 252.9 km (mile 157.2)
- GPS: 44°34'18.16"N 78 46'42.32"W
Facilities and services
Linking Balsam and Cameron Lakes, W. Whiteside was contracted by the province to build a wooden lock, dam, timber slide and bridge at Rosedale to facilitate navigation to the rail link at Coboconk. After the locks were transferred to the Federal Government, a new concrete dam and lock were built.
- Trent-Severn Trail Towns
- Fenelon Falls and District Chamber of Commerce
Phone number: (705) 887-3409
- City of Kawartha Lakes
Phone number: (705) 324-9411 or 1-888-822-2225
- Kawarthas Northumberland