Lock 37 - Bolsover
Lock 37 is one of the deepest fully manual stations on the Waterway. There are two walls designated on the upper side for mooring and a popular wing wall by the dam. Lock 37 has a quiet rural setting with ample grounds for boater camping.
- Address: 92 Talbot Drive, Beaverton, Ontario
- Nautical chart: #2025 (more on Nautical charts)
- Kilometer marker: 284.9 km (mile 177)
- GPS: 44°30'59.5"N 79°05'24.8"W
Facilities and services
- Overnight mooring
- Camping (not recommended)
- Potable water
- Picnic area
- Visitor information
Visitors to Lock 37 - Bolsover are within what the engineers at the time of its construction called the Balsam - Simcoe Division. A combination of man-made canal, natural waterway, locks and dams, this section is a quiet space dotted with shoreline cottages and farmland. Lock 37 is the deepest manual lock on the Trent-Severn Waterway and is the perfect place to enjoy a great breeze.