Reservable camping information in Kicking Horse and Monarch Campgrounds
General camping information
- Operating season (nights):
- Kicking Horse: May 14 to October 11, 2020
- Reservable period (nights):
- Kicking Horse: June 18 to September 18, 2020
- Reservable percentage:
- Kicking Horse: 50% reservable
- Kiosk hours:
- Kicking Horse: Shoulder season 8:00 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. July and August 8:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.
- After hours registration:
- Kicking Horse: Please check notices on the window of the kiosk for site assignment. Register in the morning at the kiosk.
- Check in time:
- Any time after 2 pm.
- Visitors who would like to arrive at the campground earlier may enjoy the rest of the park while waiting for their campsite to become vacant (a valid national park entry pass is required).
- Check out time:
- Before 11 am.
- Quiet hours:
- 11 pm to 7 am.
- Maximum length of stay:
- 14 nights
- Maximum persons per site:
- 6 people (exceptions may be made for 2 adults with dependent children up to a maximum of 7 people)
- Maximum vehicles per site:
- Maximum Vehicles and Camping Units per site: 2 Vehicles, 1 camping unit or 1 vehicle, 2 camping units. Please note only 1 wheeled camping unit (RV or Trailer) permitted per site
- Generator policy:
- Generator use is limited to 9:00 – 10:30 a.m. and 5:00 – 7:00 p.m.
- Fire policy:
- Kicking Horse: In order to have a campfire, a fire permit is required. Buy your permit at the kiosk.
- Firewood is provided with a Fire Permit please do not transport firewood into the National Parks.
- Alcohol and cannabis policy:
- An alcohol and cannabis ban is in effect during the following long weekends (Victoria Day, May –15 to 18;; Civic Holiday, –July 31 to Aug 03; and Labour Day, Sept 04 to 07).
- Pet policy:
- Pets must be kept on a leash at all times. They must not be left unattended. Please keep all pet food stored inside. See Bare Campsite Program brochure upon arrival for more information. Pets are not allowed in the oTENTiks.
- Internet/Wi-Fi access:
- Kicking Horse Campground is located on Yoho Valley road 6 kms east of the Village of Field BC
- To Field, BC from Calgary Alberta: One way distance in km: 207 kms.
- Travel time @ 90 km/hr: 2 hrs 21 mins
- Kicking Horse Campground GPS Coordinates:
- Latitude: 51.422868
- Longitude: -116.435262
- Kicking Horse Campground 88 unserviced campsites (50% reservable):
- Unserviced with fire – 75 sites
- Unserviced without fire – 13 sites
- Amenities include potable water, flush toilets, showers, playground, theatre, kitchen shelters with wood cook stove, recycling sheds, food storage and a sani-dump station.
- Two short hiking trails originate at the campground
- Good central location for exploring Yoho National Park
For information regarding camping fees for Yoho National Park please see our Fees page.
If there is no vacancy for your dates
Call to check the current availability of first-come, first-served sites. Visitor Reception Center: 250-343-6783
Require additional information?
- Telephone: 1-877-RESERVE (1-877-737-3783) 8 am to 6 pm local park time; or
- Website: Parks Canada Reservation Service
General park information:
- 1-888-773-8888 (8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern Time, April to September, 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Eastern Time, October to March) or email@example.com