Realty and Townsite services
Wasagaming Townsite – Information update – COVID-19
- All visitors are to abide by regulations set out by Manitoba Health.
- The Administration Office will be open to visitors Monday to Friday from 0900-1500h. We can also be reached by phone: 204-848-7275 or email: email@example.com
- South gate entrance will remain open on weekends. Friday: 1400-2000h - Saturday & Sunday: 1000-1800h
- Trails and day use areas that are typically open in the winter remain open.
- Wasagaming remains open and accessible to the public.
Visit the COVID-19 and your visit to Riding Mountain National Park for updates on park facilities and services
Frequently asked questions
Will there be any abatements for commercial land rent due to the impact on commercial operations caused by COVID-19?
The Government of Canada has announced significant investments to help Canadian businesses weather the economic impacts of this pandemic. Additional details on Canada’s COVID-19 Economic Response Plan can be found on the Government of Canada website at www.canada.ca
The Government of Canada, in collaboration with provincial and territorial governments, continues to explore options that will help mitigate the impacts of this pandemic on Canadian businesses.
Furthermore, Parks Canada recognizes that many businesses are facing significant financial and operational challenges due to the of this pandemic on the travel industry and Parks Canada operations. To help businesses Parks Canada has announced it will defer payments on commercial leases and licences of occupation until September 1, 2020. without any interest or administrative charges. Rest assured that we will provide further updates on possible future measures taken by Parks Canada or the Government of Canada, when necessary and as information becomes available.
Do businesses need to renew their business licences if they are closed?
Business licences are required for a business to operate as a valid business in the townsite. Any business that plans to open (including restaurants that may offer take out or delivery services) must renew its business licence prior to opening. If a business is closed, it is not necessary to renew the business licence as long as the business remains closed.
Will businesses and residents of the townsite be expected to pay their prorated share of capital improvements for the 2020-21 year or will this be deferred?
I am an event organizer, can I still hold my event in the park?
Can I still get a building permit, business licence or other paperwork related to my lease?
Townsite staff are monitoring telephone and e-mail messages away from the office. Leaseholders can expect some delays in obtaining permits or other documentation. All efforts are being made to complete these types of transactions in a timely manner.
Please contact the following staff for:
- Business Licence inquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lease transaction inquiries: email@example.com
- Development permit inquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Townsite Manager: (204) 848-7243, email@example.com
Wasagaming is a picturesque townsite with interesting heritage and architecture, the perfect place to stay when exploring Riding Mountain National Park. Camping, accommodation rentals, recreational and watersports complimented by great dining and shopping are all conveniently located on the shores of Clear Lake and nature’s doorstep.
Please call the Realty Administration staff if you have questions about any of these areas:
- Residential and Commercial
- Development and Building Applications
- Compliance Monitoring
- Leases and Licences of Occupation
- Business Licencing Services
- Guiding and Outfitting Licencing Services
- Utility Billing
- Stakeholder Groups
A complete list of Parks Canada Fees can be found in the
When is a Permit Required?
- Constructing, altering or renovating any building, garage or accessory structure such as a shed or a deck
- Connection to the water/sewer system
- Demolishing or moving a building
- Expanding or renovating your store, shop, office or commercial enterprise
- Changing the use of a lot or building
- Installing, changing or relocating a sign
- Changing the landscaping or grading (including tree removal)
Why are permits important?
Obtaining the proper permits for your project ensures that your project complies with Parks Canada’s plans, policies, park guidelines and environmental impacts.
To reach a development officer, please call 204-848-7275 or email Riding Mountain National Park. Meetings are available by appointment only.
When is a Sign Permit Required?
A sign permit is required to install, alter or relocate any sign including wall/window and hanging signs, canopy/awning signs, directory and menu signs and free standing signs.
Guiding Legislation/Regulations links
Please contact us for additional information including building guidelines for the cabin and cottage area.
Our Realty office will assist you with all aspects of leases and licences of occupation for cabin, cottage, north shore and commercial areas.
Please contact us when:
- Updating your mailing address and/or other contact information.
- Selling or buying (commonly called Assignment of Lease). This includes:
- All lessees selling to another person or persons, or a corporation.
- One or more lessees selling their Tenant in Common share of the lease.
- Removing names from a lease, or adding names to the lease.
- The sale of shares of a commercial lease.
- Circumstances that will affect your lease:
- Changing your legal name due to marriage, divorce or other.
- A lessee has passed away.
- Change the tenancy stated on your lease (between Joint Tenants or Tenants in Common).
- Changing directors with signing authority (when the lease is held by a corporation).
- The lessee’s control and authority has been given over to a Public Trustee or Guardian.
- Power of Attorney giving authority to others to manage your lease or other form of written instruction.
- Estate planning – options for your specific lease.
- Commercial Lessees are transacting with tenants and need to register a sublease.
- Mortgaging your lease and/or discharging an existing mortgage. All mortgages must be registered with Parks Canada.
Please note that assignments and mortgages are NOT registered with the Manitoba Land Titles Office and must be submitted to the Parks Canada office only.
Please contact the Realty office with these or any other questions.
Gazetted Fee’s for Riding Mountain National Park Lease and Licences
|Assignment of Lease/Licence of Occupation||98.10|
|Consent to Financing Agreement||98.10|
|Renewal of Lease/Licence of Occupation||98.10|
|Surrender of Lease/Licence of Occupation||98.10|
|New Lease/Licence of Occupation||98.10|
|Permit for the Supply of Water||98.10|
|Letter of Undertaking||98.10|
|Sublease/Sublicence of Occupation||98.10|
|Right of Way||98.10|
|Change of Name of Document Holder||24.50|
|Processing of Death Certificate||14.70|
|Probate of Will||14.70|
|Negotiated Agreements, up to and including 20 hours||490.60|
|Negotiated Agreements, more than 20 hours||981.30|
|Land Use Permit||98.10|
|New Site Plan Attached to a Licence of Occupation||98.10|
|Revision of Site Plan Attached to a Licence of Occupation||98.10|
|Certified Copy of Document||14.70|
|Copy of Plan (Whiteprint)||14.70|
|Photocopies, per page||0.90|
|Letter or Any Other Non-statutory Instrument||24.50|
|Research Conducted on Behalf of the Public, per hour (one hour minimum)||24.50|
|File or Information Search, per hour (one hour minimum)||24.50|
|Any Other Realty Transaction Certificate or Document||98.10|
Permits and Licences
Working in Riding Mountain National Park
A business licence is required for all businesses, companies, guides and/or outfitters prior to operating in Riding Mountain National Park.
Parks Canada issues the following licences and permits:
- Business licences
- Guiding/Outfitters licences
- Special events permits
** Each contractor and sub-contractor requires their own business licence to work in the park. **
New Business Proposal: If you are proposing a new business in Riding Mountain or changing the scope of an existing business please contact us.
Changes to your business licence
Please contact us for any of the following business changes:
- Transfer to another owner (a new business licence application must be completed by the new owner)
- Change to business name or contact information
- Change of address or work site location
- Change to nature of the business
- Addition to the existing business
Business Licence Renewals
Business licence renewals will be processed on or after April 1st of each year. Parks Canada will send a renewal letter and invoice late in March with instructions on how to renew your licence.
Most common business licence fees in Riding Mountain National Park
|Trades – each tradesperson||7.80|
|Tour Business, Bus Service||44.10|
|Other Business Licence||58.80|