Fundy National Park
Operational dates: May 20 to October 30 Check in: May to October: Fundy National Park Visitor Reception Centre
Operational dates: May 20 to October 30
Check in: May to October: Fundy National Park Visitor Reception Centre
Backcountry with bats
As a backcountry traveller, you will be able to visit natural wonders seen by only a small percentage of visitors.
For a challenging way to enjoy Fundy National Park’s beauty, try camping at one of the 8 backcountry campsites located at Goose River, Marven Lake, Foster Brook, Tracey Lake or Chambers Lake.
- Each designated campsite provides a tent pad, a pit privy, a fire pit and a picnic table
- It is recommended that you carry in drinking water
- Backpacking cook stoves are necessary for food preparation
- Never leave garbage in the backcountry - plastic bags are provided upon request
- Firewood is available at every campsite.
Planning your trip
- Due to a limited number of backcountry sites, it is recommended to reserve prior to arrival. Payment will be requested upon reservation. To reserve your backcountry site, please call 1-877-737-3783 or reserve online at reservation.pc.gc.ca.
- Each campsite is restricted to a group of four persons.
Before starting your hike
- For safety reasons, all backcountry campers must register with Park staff at a Visitor Reception Centre before proceeding to a site.
- Click here for the Visitor Reception Centre operating hours.
- You must set up camp only at the campsite for which you are registered.
- Please obtain a map of the Park. This map is available at the Visitor Reception Centres.
Campfires are not permitted everywhere in the backcountry
- Fires are only permitted in Parks Canada-designated fireplaces.
Preserve the natural beauty of this area.
- Set up tents only on designated tent pads.
- Please do not strip the bark or boughs from trees.
- Please dispose of waste water in the pit privies.
Pack in-Pack out
- Pack out all garbage.
- Please dispose of garbage in the clear and blue bags provided at registration.
- Please do not dispose of garbage in pit privies. Garbage containers are located at all trail heads.
- For your personal safety, it is incumbent that we know that you have safely completed your journey.
- Prior to leaving the Park, please drop off your camping permit at the Visitor Reception Centre.
- If this is not possible, you must notify us by phone at 1-506-887 6000 and speak to a staff member or leave a message, if after hours. Your cooperation is greatly appreciated.
We thank you for your cooperation in helping to maintain and preserve Fundy National Park.
Enjoy your trip!
- Date modified :