You would like to overnight in Fundy National Park, but would prefer a comfortable and hassle-free experience in this beautiful natural setting? Here is an offer you will not be able to resist. Come stay in a yurt at the Headquarters campground.
What is a yurt?
The yurt is the traditional dwelling of nomads from Central Asia. Made to resist extreme climates, this circular shape abode has five basic elements: lattice walls, roof beams, a roof ring, a door, and a felt and hide covering. Since the 13th century, yurts have been used by nomadic horse herders as portable homes.
Fundy's yurts are a modernized version of the traditional yurt. They are cozy and warm with insulated walls and roof, and a propane stove. In the summer, the yurts are kept cool with windows, dome and door openings providing cross ventilation.
- Sleeping bags, blankets and pillows
- Food, drinks and a water container (Campground water is potable)
- Camp stove for outdoor cooking
- Cooking gear, eating utensils, dishes and a cooler
- Slippers or indoor shoes - the first rule of keeping a clean yurt is to remove outdoor footwear
- Matches or lighter to start fire in the cook shelter
What we offer
The campsite includes
- Yurt (6 metres / 20 feet in diameter) with a locking door
- Picnic table
- Small personal BBQ
- Two deck chairs (in the summer)
- Parking for one vehicle
- An insulated and heated service building containing showers, washrooms, clothes washer and dryer, sinks for dish washing.
- A cook shelter with wood stove and split firewood are located nearby. There are lockable cupboards in the shelter. Each cupboard is colour coded to a specific yurt (example: red yurt = red cupboard)
The yurt includes
- One single-over-double bunk bed and one double sofa bed with mattresses
- One table with two chairs and two benches
- Three coat racks
- One propane heating stove with ceramic glass viewing area
- Three solar-powered lights
- One fire extinguisher
- One carbon monoxide/smoke detector
- Smoking is NOT permitted in the yurts
- Pets are permitted in Yurt Y4
- Yurts Y1, Y2, Y3 and Y5 are pet free
- For safety reasons, cooking is NOT allowed inside the yurts
- It is NOT permitted to use firewood in the charcoal BBQs. If you require charcoal, it can be purchased in the village of Alma
- The yurt must be cleaned prior to departure
- Check-in: anytime after 3 pm
- Check-out: no later than 11 am