Once the snow flies, you can snowshoe on any of the park's trails or unplowed roads.
- Grosbeak Lake Loop of Benchmark Creek Trail
(2.4 km return)
- Kettle Point Road to scenic Pine Lake
(approximately 5.3 km return)
- Parsons Lake Road toward the Salt Plains
Warm up in Dëldël Kuę́ Day-Use Shelter
After your snowshoe, warm up in Dëldël Kuę́ at the Salt River Day Use Area! The shelter has a wood stove, tables and firewood. Bring an axe, matches, some fire starter, and your snacks.
Some things to keep in mind:
- Heated washrooms and running water are available at the visitor centres in Fort Smith and Fort Chipewyan. During the winter, other park facilities are closed.
- Be prepared to break trail. Trails and unplowed roads are not groomed or track-set in the winter.
You are responsible for your own safety. Review these Winter Safety Tips before your trip