Permits are required for operating a business (guiding, outfitting), filming and commercial photography, research, landing an aircraft, establishing a cache or base camp or transporting a firearm through the park. Permits must be acquired through Parks Canada well in advance of your trip (some permits may take more than 90 days to be processed). Research permits are only issued in winter or spring.


Entry and camping fees are charged at most national parks. The money raised through admission fees remains in the park where it is collected. This means that every time you visit a park you are investing in its future – and in a legacy for future generations. For more information on fees for Parks Canada places in Nunavut, go to the Fees page.