Backcountry camping at High Dump and Stormhaven is by prepaid reservation only from June 11 to October 31, 2021. The Bruce Peninsula National Park COVID-19 webpage provides updates on park facilities and services.
Backcountry camping at High Dump and Stormhaven is by prepaid reservation only from June 11 to October 31, 2021.
The Bruce Peninsula National Park COVID-19 webpage provides updates on park facilities and services.
Stormhaven and High Dump are the two backcountry camping areas in Bruce Peninsula National Park. Located along the Bruce Trail on the scenic Georgian Bay shoreline, they offer a tranquil camping experience in a beautiful and remote setting.
Reservations can be made on-line at www.reservation.pc.gc.ca or by calling 1-877-RESERVE (877-737-3783).
- Campers can check-in in person at the Cyprus Lake Campground Office on the day of your arrival. You may pay any additional vehicle and day use fees at that time and will be issued your camping permits for use on your campsite and in your vehicle.
- Alternatively, if you would like to get your permits in advance, please contact the Cyprus Lake Campground Office at 519-596-2364 ext. 453 at least three days before your arrival. Any additional fees (day permits, overnight vehicle parking) will be paid at that time. Permits will be scanned and emailed.
- Once permits are issued, no cancellations are allowed.
- Campers will need to agree to terms and conditions prior to their stay.
During the winter camping season (November 1 to April 30) you are required to self-register at the kiosk located at the Cyprus Lake Office to ensure space is available.
How to Get There
Backcountry campsites are reached by backpacking on the Bruce Trail. The nearest areas to park your car and hike from are:
- Cyprus Lake – Overnight Trail Parking
- Halfway Log Dump (Emmett Lake Road)
- Crane Lake Road (Bruce Trail access)
UTM Coordinates are:
Stormhaven: E460815 N5009640
High Dump: E468097 N5009034
What to Expect
- Each campground has 9 campsites equipped with a wood tent platform.
- A maximum of four people are permitted on each campsite.
- Platforms require use of free standing tent.
- There is a shared composting toilet.
- Bring a cook stove. No open fires allowed.
Please Leave No Trace
- Pack out your garbage.
- Hang food and all scented items on poles to deter bears.
- Campfires are not permitted.
- Wash with biodegradable soap 30m back from the shoreline.
- Respect other campers.
- Drinking water is not available. Carry your water in or be prepared to filter or boil bay water for drinking.
- Be careful hiking; this section of the Bruce Trail is rugged and slow-going. Rocks are very slippery when wet.
- Share your trip plan with family or friends.
- Pack according to the time of year and weather conditions.
$ 10.02 - Camping permit (per person per night)
$ 11.96 - Overnight parking fee for vehicle.
Reservation fee - $11.50 on-line or $13.50 through the call centre.
For more information:
Phone: (519) 596-2233