Please note: some trails and locations may be closed for permitted work and maintenance. Please visit the locations pages, and our important bulletins sections to stay up-to-date on closures.
As Rouge National Urban Park continues to establish, more accessible areas and features are being added. Existing trail networks and locations are being updated to allow for greater access and participation. New builds will also be constructed to incorporate Federal and Provincial accessibility principles, standards and guidelines to facilitate the enjoyment of these locations by a wider range of visitors. We thank you for your continued patience during this transition period as we work to improve and expand our resources and programs.
Please note that there is no winter maintenance on any of the park trails. Visitors should exercise caution as winter weather can impact trail conditions.
- Rouge Beach: There is a paved path and roadway that goes downhill to the lower parking lot and beach area. The Rouge Marsh Trail is a flat boardwalk along the edge of the marsh with views out onto the water. There is a ramp style pedestrian bridge to the Pickering entrance way. The Waterfront Trail leading from the lower parking lot along the beach is also paved.
- Glen Eagles Vista: This short trail is flat with grass and granular surface. It provides views of the Rouge River and Little Rouge River valleys as well as interpretive signage.
- Zoo Road Welcome Area: The Vista Trail has a loop that has a natural dirt and granular surface. This part of the trail is flat and has access to an observation deck. There is a paved roadway that leads down a hill to the wetlands at the Orchard and Cedar trailheads.
Please note: There may be potholes on the roadway at the bottom of the hill. Please contact us at 416-264-2020 or email@example.com with information regarding conditions.
- Woodland Day Use Area: The entrance to this day use area descends into a granular based parking area with access to a relatively flat natural dirt trail. There is a large open grassy field to the south of the parking area past the yellow gates.
- Bob Hunter Memorial Park: This location has a granular surface parking lot that leads to the trailheads. The Tallgrass Trek Trail in the Bob Hunter area features a mix of granular and paved surfaces that are flat and open. Other trails in this area are a mix of paved, granular, boardwalk and dirt surfaces, of varying inclines.
- Glen Rouge Campground: This area has a paved parking lot and path leading to the Mast Trail trailhead. The Mast Trail is a dirt path with hills and stairs. The path leading down into the campground area is paved, with grass camping patches. The washroom and shower facilities are accessed via a paved ramp near the entrance or by stairs in the heart of the campground area.
- Twyn Rivers Day Use Area: The area has a granular parking area and a natural dirt path that leads to Mast, Vista and Orchard Trails.
- Reesor Road Day Use Area: This day use area has a paved parking lot, accessible washrooms, and is connected to granular surface, relatively flat trails and pathways.
- 19th Avenue Day Use Area: This day use area has a paved parking lot, accessible washrooms, and is connected to granular surface, relatively flat trails and pathways.
- Glasgow Day Use Area: This area has a granular surface parking area with access to a natural dirt trail.