Parks Canada Campus Club Volunteer Leaders Network
The Parks Canada Campus Club Volunteer Leaders Network is an exciting initiative to inspire young adults from post-secondary institutions to get outside safely, connect with nature and learn about Canada’s history.
Passionate about protecting Canada’s natural and cultural heritage? Want to share that passion with other students on your campus? Join a Parks Canada Campus Club!
Where are Parks Canada Campus Clubs?
Our goal is to have a presence across Canada and establish additional or new clubs in all Canadian cities.
Please reach out to see if there is a Parks Canada Campus Club currently established at your University. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What are Campus Clubs?
- Campus Clubs are established across the country
- Led by student volunteers
- 1/3 of leaders have already worked for Parks Canada
- ± 40,000 young adult followers on Facebook
- 10,000 + hours volunteered per year
- ± 200 activities planned per year
Why does the network exist?
The idea for this initiative was proposed by our first Parks Canada Youth Ambassadors in 2013. Their vision was the creation of a network of Parks Canada student clubs for youth and managed by youth. The aim is to mobilize young adults to inspire others to discover and experience nature and history, integrate them into their lives and share them with their peers. As young adults, the hope is that you will not only continue to enjoy and appreciate nature and history, but also support and protect them.
Why join a campus club?
- It's a grassroots movement that is led “by youth, for youth”
- To connect with you where you study, work, live and play
- To make your voice heard and empower your generation to make a difference
- To increase your awareness about protected natural and cultural heritage found in your own backyard
- To develop new skills and support your learning objectives outside the classroom.
- To help you learn more about our job and volunteer opportunities
Why bring students together?
Young adults live and share their experiences with their peers. By coming together to share your perspective, thoughts, and ideas, you essentially become young Parks Canada ambassadors, inspiring your generation through your real experiences. We aim to create a youth movement that is mobilizing others to connect with and experience nature and history by safely visiting our special places participating in virtual learning opportunities with Parks Canada experts and being involved in conservation activities such as citizen science, shoreline cleanups, repairing trails, etc.
Become a member or a volunteer leader of Parks Canada Campus Club
- Date modified :