Your perfect picnic
Fortress of Louisbourg National Historic Site
Our twist on "take-out"
Everything tastes better when you eat it outside!
It's as easy as 1, 2, 3!
- Place your order
- Pick up your picnic tote
- Find your perfect picnic place at the Fortress of Louisbourg National Historic Site and enjoy!
Here are our top ten favourite spots!
There are thousands of spots to lay out a picnic blanket and enjoy a cheerful meal at the Fortress of Louisbourg National Historic Site. So go ahead—let nature design your dining space.
Are you in the reconstructed fortress?
- Picnic tables in the King's Garden offer a lovely view of the reconstructed town and the harbour beyond
- The Dauphin Demi-Bastion has lots of nice, grassy spots in a quiet corner of the fortress
- Right in the corner of the King's Bastion you will find the location of the first observatory in Canada&emdash;and an unsurpassed view of the whole reconstructed town
- Settle on a bench in one of our historic gardens and enjoy the sun and the flowers
- Hike along the Ruins Walk and surround yourself with ocean and ruins as you pick your perfect spot along the coast
Feel like going on an adventure?
- Bring your picnic right to the beach at Kennington Cove, or sit at a picnic table overlooking the shore
- Lay out your blanket under the Camperdown elm tree at the Old Town Trail trailhead
- Have a seat in the red chairs on the Old Town Trail. #sharethechair
- Take in the view of Louisbourg Harbour and the fortress beyond at the picnic tables of Kennelly’s Day Use Area
- Bring your picnic along with you to the Lighthouse Trail and sit on rocky promontories overlooking the Atlantic Ocean
Sandwiches and wraps
- Lobster roll
- Turkey and apple focaccia sandwich
- Chicken Caesar wrap
- Turkey bacon club sandwich
- BLT sandwich
- Caesar salad
- Garden salad
- Potato salad
- HeritageTM Chocolate cake with English cream and strawberries
- Blueberry grunt
- Apple turnover
- Molasses cookie
- Sugar cookie
- Chocolate chip cookie
- Charcuterie board
- King's Bakery bread and cheese
- Iced tea
- Chocolate milk
- Sports drink
Ask about daily specials and our gluten-free, vegetarian, and vegan options!
For prices, and to place your order with the Fortress Louisbourg Association, call or email in advance:
Share your perfect spot with us
- Calendar of events
- Daily schedule
- Mi’kmaw Interpretive Centre
- Fire a cannon: Have a blast at Louisbourg!
- Fire a musket: Have a ball at Louisbourg!
- Time Travel
- Camping and accommodations
- Heritage gardens
- Kids' Corner
- Walking trails
- Unsupervised beaches
- Parks Canada Xplorers
- Get involved: Volunteering
- Date modified :