Fortress of Louisbourg National Historic Site
Rub shoulders with Louisbourg's resilient "residents" and time travel into their challenging lives within a remote fortress.
June 1 to June 30, 2022
September 17 to October 10, 2022
Each program lasts 45 minutes.
11:30 a.m. & 1:30 p.m.
Talk to a Compagnies Franches soldier about life at Louisbourg and witness the smoke and noise during a musket firing demonstration. Visit one of Louisbourg’s finest homes where kitchen servants await your arrival to give you a glimpse into their lives serving the elite. See how hot chocolate, one of the favourite treats of Louisbourg's high society, was prepared. Then savour this elegant drink made of our special Heritage™ hot chocolate.
By telephone: 902-733-3552
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
In person: At De la Plagne House (#23)
- Limited to 25 people per group
Contact for Travel Trade:
Visitor Experience, Fortress of Louisbourg National Historic Site
259 Park Service Road,
- Suitable for groups up to 25 people
- Suitable for FIT (Fully Independent Travelers)
- Reservations required
- Motorcoach parking available
- On site café/restaurant
- Washrooms on site
- Gift shop
This experience is part of Destination Canada’s Canadian Signature Experiences collection, which shows the world the best that Canada has to offer.
- Calendar of events
- School Programs
- Daily schedule
- Mi’kmaw Interpretive Centre
- Fire a cannon: Have a blast at Louisbourg!
- Fire a musket: Have a ball at Louisbourg!
- Camping and accommodations
- Rookie Tour (Children's program)
- Prisoner of the Day
- Heritage gardens
- Kids' Corner
- Your perfect picnic
- Walking trails
- Unsupervised beaches
- Parks Canada Xplorers
- Get involved: Volunteering
- Date modified :