Fortifications of Québec National Historic Site
Through the encounter of guides and costumed characters, travel through three centuries of history at Artillery Park located in the heart of Old Quebec! Artillery Park opens the doors to three fully restored historical buildings: the Arsenal Foundry, the Dauphine Redoubt and the Officers' Quarters.
You have two options for visiting Artillery Park, either a guided tour with a Parks Canada guide or freely at your own pace.
Visit a living reminder of Québec’s military and industrial past!
This early 20th century industrial building is one of the most modern in Artillery Park. Discover its architecture and the artifacts on display. Be sure to admire the authentic Duberger-By model of Québec City, built between 1806 and 1808, measuring 6.15 metres wide!
Explore Québec City's military and social history and visit the Dauphine Redoubt, one of the oldest military buildings in North America.
This heritage building dating back to 1712 bears witness to more than 250 years of military occupation in Québec City. Discover the soldiers' quarters, a period kitchen, the antechamber and an officers' mess, among other things! Our guides will be happy to share stories about this building that has housed French, British and Canadian soldiers.
Immerse yourself in the history of the British military period in Quebec City by visiting the officers' quarters.
Formerly a bakery, this building was modified to accommodate a British officer and his family. The chic and distinguished decoration of this building takes you back to the 1830's, where patterned tapestries and colored carpets are a perfect match. Some unusual objects from the era await you!
May 20 to June 11, 2023. Open Saturday and Sunday from 9:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
June 12 to September 4, 2023. Open every day from 9:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
June 12 to August 20, 2023. Every day. 11:00 a.m. and 2:30 p.m.
Fees : See prices
Access to the Dauphine Redoubt is included with the admission fee to the Arsenal Foundry.
Address: 2 D’Auteuil Street, Québec, QC G1R 5C2
- Ideal for: families, children, adults, seniors and teenagers
- Languages: This activity is offered in English and French.
- Place of payment: Arsenal Foundry, located in Artillery Park.
- Accessibility: The Arsenal foundry building and the third floor of the Dauphine Redoubt are suitable for people with reduced mobility.
- Reservation required : firstname.lastname@example.org
- The guided tour of Artillery Park can be offered all year round, depending on availability. Please contact us to find out more.
- Available in English and French
- Suitable for groups of any size and independent travellers
- Gift shop
- Date modified :