Riding Mountain National Park
Restricted activities: E-bike trail bicycling
Issued: May 18, 2022
Pursuant to Section 7(1) of the National Parks General Regulations, of the Canada National Parks Act, the following activity is prohibited, by order of the Superintendent:
E-BIKE TRAIL BICYCLING
Use of bicycles and e-bikes on the following trails is prohibited: Ominnik Marsh, Gorge Creek, and the connector trail from Bald Hill Trail to Bald Hill viewpoint. No cycling on Bald Hill.
Parks Canada defines pedal assist e-bikes as follows:
1. has steering handlebars and is equipped with pedals,
2. is designed to travel on not more than three wheels in contact with the ground,
3. is capable of being propelled by muscular power only,
4. has one or more electric motors which have, singly or in combination, the following characteristics:
a. it has a total power output rating of 500 W or less,
b. power assistance immediately ceases when the muscular power ceases,
c. it is incapable of providing further assistance when the bicycle attains a speed of 32 km/h on level ground,
5. is equipped with a safety mechanism that prevents the motor from being engaged before the bicycle attains a speed of 3 km/h.
No cycling or use of e-bikes on Ominnik Marsh trail, Gorge Creek trail, and the spur trail from Bald Hill trail to Bald Hill viewpoint. No cycling on Bald Hill.
Violators may be charged under the Canada National Parks Act: maximum penalty
Start date: 2022-05-03
End date: Until further notice