The Mi’kma’ki Sable Island Pledge
Sable Island National Park Reserve
The Mi'kma'ki Sable Island Pledge | Indigenous-led Conservation
Mi’kmaq Youth and Elders travelled to Sable Island and created this pledge for all future visitors to use as their guiding principles as they tread on the protected Mi’kmaw land we call Sable Island.
- To tread lightly, have respect, reciprocity and open my senses to the land.
- To leave no trace.
- To learn about the interconnections of Mother Earth, Grandmother Water, and all their beings.
- To set good intentions and responsibility to the island upon arrival.
- To recognize that the island has its own life force that is sacred and spiritual to the Mi’kmaq, and its purpose goes beyond its human attraction.
- To learn from the delicate balance of life and unique environment that is imperative to protect for future generations.
- To honour the land and msit no’kmaq (all my relations).
- Date modified :