Defenders of the narrows
Signal Hill National Historic Site
- Schedule: Offered daily from July 1 to September 1, 2023 between 2:00 pm to 4:00 pm.
- Cost: Please refer to our fees page under the Heritage Presentation Special Programs heading.
- Location: Queen's Battery Barracks (accessed by the Centre to Citadel Trail)
- Please contact us if you have accessibility concerns
- You must be at least 16 years old; youth between the ages of 16-18 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
The year is 1862, and you just enlisted in the British Army. Where do you sleep? What do you wear? What artillery do you use?
Step back in time and experience life in service protecting Newfoundland. Take a tour of the historic Queen's Battery Barracks and sign-up to fire the historic musket yourself!
To book:Email address: email@example.com
In person: This experience can be purchased at the Visitor Centre on Signal Hill or at the Queen's Battery Barracks (debit or credit only).
For more information, please contact the Visitor Centre at 709-772-5367.
- Date modified :