Local conservation authorities

Trent-Severn Waterway National Historic Site


Residents with questions or concerns pertaining to water levels and flows on the Trent-Severn Waterway should first refer to their respective Municipality, Conservation Authority or the Ontario Ministry of Natural Resources and Forestry. They are the primary source for relevant flood or drought forecasting information.

Further questions or concerns pertaining to water management on theTrent-Severn Waterway can be sent in writing by sending an email to trentsevern@pc.gc.ca. Please include specific details of the area in question and your contact information.

The Trent-Severn Waterway works co-operatively with the Ontario Ministry of Natural Resources and the Federal Department of Fisheries and Oceans to protect fish spawning areas and other wildlife habitat and with conservation authorities to reduce flooding.

Several Conservation Authorities operate dams on tributary portions of the watersheds.

The Waterway also keeps in daily contact with Ontario Power Generation, other public utilities and private interests, which operate and maintain generating stations within the drainage basins.

For more information regarding watershed status, please visit your local conservation authority website:

For all other areas of the Trent and Severn Watersheds, please visit:

Date modified :