Bruce Peninsula National Park
New! Reservations available for fall and winter camping
Reservations are now available for fall and winter camping from October 31 to April 30 for Tamarack campsites at the Cyprus Lake Campground and backcountry campsites at Stormhaven and High Dump.
Stormhaven and High Dump are the two backcountry camping areas in Bruce Peninsula National Park. Located along the Bruce Trail on the scenic Georgian Bay shoreline, they offer a tranquil camping experience in a beautiful and remote setting.
Reservations can be made on-line at www.reservation.pc.gc.ca or by calling 1-877-RESERVE (877-737-3783).
- Campers can check-in in person at the Cyprus Lake Campground Office on the day of your arrival. You may pay any additional vehicle and day use fees at that time and will be issued your camping permits for use on your campsite and in your vehicle.
- Alternatively, if you would like to get your permits in advance, please contact the Cyprus Lake Campground Office at 519-596-2364 ext. 453 at least three days before your arrival. Any additional fees (day permits, overnight vehicle parking) will be paid at that time. Permits will be scanned and emailed.
- Once permits are issued, no cancellations are allowed.
- Campers will need to agree to terms and conditions prior to their stay.
During the winter camping season (Nov. 1 – April 30) you are required to check-in at the Cyprus Campground Office to pay fees and ensure space is available.
How to Get There
Backcountry campsites are reached by backpacking on the Bruce Trail. The nearest areas to park your car and hike from are:
- Cyprus Lake – Overnight Trail Parking
- Halfway Log Dump (Emmett Lake Road) Not accessible during winter months
- Crane Lake Road (Bruce Trail access) Not accessible during winter months
UTM Coordinates are:
Stormhaven: E460815 N5009640
High Dump: E468097 N5009034
What to Expect
- Each campground has 9 campsites equipped with a wood tent platform.
- A maximum of four people are permitted on each campsite.
- Platforms require use of free standing tent.
- There is a shared composting toilet.
- Bring a cook stove. No open fires allowed.
Please Leave No Trace
- Pack out your garbage.
- Hang food and all scented items on poles to deter bears.
- Campfires are not permitted.
- Wash with biodegradable soap 30m back from the shoreline.
- Respect other campers.
- Drinking water is not available. Carry your water in or be prepared to filter or boil bay water for drinking.
- Be careful hiking; this section of the Bruce Trail is rugged and slow-going. Rocks are very slippery when wet.
- Share your trip plan with family or friends.
- Pack according to the time of year and weather conditions.
You can learn more about specific fees on the parks Fees Page.
- Camping permit (per person per night).
- Overnight parking fee for vehicle.
- Admission fee.
- Reservation fee.
For more information:
Phone: (519) 596-2233
- Date modified :