Saint-Ours Canal National Historic Site
The oTENTik season is now over. Come visit us again next year!
Come and experience a holiday in an oTENTik and be enchanted by the landscape and the rural charms of the region.
Experience camping like never before!
There are six ready-to-camp accommodation units on Darvard Island, an ideal location for spending a few days off, at the rhythm of the Richelieu River and the boats passing through the lock. An alternative to camping that offers you a one-of-a-kind experience!
What is an oTENTik accommodation?
A cross between a tent and a rustic cedar cabin, each unit is furnished and equipped with everything you need to cook. All you have to bring is sleeping bags, pillows and food. An original getaway in the open-air that is comfortable and hassle-free!
Would you like to see our oTENTik ready to camp on the Saint-Ours canal? Take a look at our photo gallery.
oTENTik accommodation rates
Every day from June 24 to September 5, 2022 - $128/night
Fridays and Saturdays from September 9 to 24, 2022 - $96.00/night
- Operating season
- Every day from June 24 to September 5, 2022
- Weekends from September 9 to 24, 2022
- Lockstation hours
- Check-in time:
- Reception of the campers between 3:00 p.m. and 6:30 p.m.
- Visitors who want to come earlier can enjoy the site while they wait for their unit. There is no entrance fee at the Saint-Ours Canal National Historic Site.
- Self-registration after 6:30 p.m. : If you plan on arriving outside of operational hours, please call the lockstations directly (450-785-2053) to obtain registration instructions, plus information on washroom access and purchasing wood for a campfire.
- Check-out time
- The departures are at 11 a.m.
- Quiet hours
- 10:00 p.m. - 7:00 a.m.
- Maximum persons per accommodation:
- Each oTENTik accommodation unit sleeps up to 6 people with a maximum of 4 adults.
- oTENTik sites are located less than a 5 minutes walk from the parking lot, which is on the other side of the canal. You can borrow a trolley to transport your luggage
- Parking fee for one vehicule is included in the oTENTik rental. Charges apply for an additional vehicle. There is no entrance fee at the Saint-Ours Canal National Historic Site.
- For boaters: Docking fees are not included in the oTENTik fees and locations are available on a first-come, first-served basis. Consult the docking fees.
- Generator policy
- Generators are not allowed.
- Minimum age
- A minimum of one adult (18 years of age or older) per oTENTik is required
- Wi-Fi access:
- No Internet access in this area.
- a double mattress and four single mattresses on three sleeping surfaces separated by curtains;
- a table that can accommodate up to 6 people and a storage cabinet containing all the equipment necessary for preparing and serving meals for 6 people (including plates, bowls, cups, glasses, wine cups, coffee percolator, utensils, pots, pans, strainer, cutting board, can opener, bottle opener, kitchen tools, dishes);
- an auxiliary heater;
- a rechargeable battery lantern, LED lighting and a USB port for recharging small electronic devices, both powered by solar energy;
- broom and dust cover.
Please note: there is no electricity, plumbing or running water in the units.
- barbecue with a plate warmer for cooking (includes tools and propane),
- picnic table and four camping chairs;
- fire pit for campfires.
Galerie d'images Galerie d'images
What to bring
What to bring to fully enjoy your oTENTik stay :
- sleeping bags, blankets and pillows (bring extra blankets or warm sleeping bags for the cool September nights);
- cooler, food, beverages and a reusable water container;
- dishcloth and rag;
- matches or lighter for the campfire;
- personal belongings and clothing including towel;
- slippers or indoor shoes;
- mosquito repellent.
The closest grocery store is located in Saint-Ours, less than 3 km from the site. A café-dairy is also within walking distance.
Our facilities and services
- washrooms with toilets and showers;
- outdoor water supply with two sinks to wash the dishes;
- carts available for transporting your luggage;
- firewood and ice are available at the reception kiosk;
- table games and outdoor games can be borrowed on site.
In addition to the Historic Canals Regulations, here are some rules that will allow oTENTik users to experience oTENTik accommodations comfortably and safely:
- The use of campsites is restricted to no more than:
- 6 people including a maximum of 4 adults and a minimum of one person who is at least 18 years of age;
- 1 license plate-bearing vehicle (parking fee for additional vehicle);
- 1 kitchen shelter (no tent).
- Inside the oTENTIk it is forbidden to:
- Cook food;
- Use gas or propane lanterns;
- Smoking/vaping tobacco or cannabis in the oTENTik tents
- oTENTik users must behave in a respectful manner and must:
- Respect quiet hours;
- Limit their use of alcohol and cannabis to the limits of their accommodation site;
- Keep one’s site clean and return the equipment used to the same condition as what it was upon arrival.
- Campfires are allowed only in provided fire pits and firewood must be purchased on the site. It is forbidden to:
- Collect wood from the forest;
- Bring firewood;
- Use portable fireplaces and barbecues except those provided by Parks Canada.
- All domestic animals must be kept on a leash at all times and cannot be left unattended. They are forbidden:
- Inside the oTENTik at all times;
- On the accommodation site after quiet hours.
- It is prohibited to jump, dive, or swim in the canal and near the approach wharfs, as strong undercurrents make the area dangerous.
The Saint-Ours Canal runs along Route 133 North at 2930 Chemin des Patriotes Saint-Ours QC J0G 1P0.
Take Highway 10, Richelieu Exit. Take Chemin des Patriotes (Route 133) North towards Sorel.
take Highway 20, Exit Mont Saint-Hilaire and follow the signs.
Live the oTENTik experience
Photo gallery Photo gallery
- Date modified :