Kouchibouguac National Park
Geocaching is a fun and rewarding outdoor adventure that combines hiking and treasure hunting. The goal is to find hidden containers known as caches or geocaches using a portable satellite navigation device called a GPS receiver. Those who practice this activity are called cachers or geocachers.
Geocaching is a great family activity that provides excitement, exercise, and fresh air. The caches take you on adventures to different sites and scenic vistas throughout the park and weave in stories about its natural and cultural history.
Kouchibouguac National Park would like to express its appreciation for the work of its partner, Cache Up NB, for bringing you a fine geocaching experience.
- Go to Cache Up NB's website and print this year’s Kouchibouguac geocaching passport - this gives you the coordinates you will need to find the caches hidden in the park
- Bring along a GPS device or smart phone
- Find each cache in the park (please stay on the trails) - the caches are little plastic boxes
- Read the cache information, and punch the passport with the tool provided
- Return the cache where you found it
- Bring your completed passport to the Visitor Centre to receive your Parks Canada geocoin (a limited number is available)
- Date modified :