Pine Lake Beach
Wood Buffalo National Park
On hot summer days people swim in the beautiful aquamarine waters of Pine Lake located 60 km south of Fort Smith, NT.
Take in this water filled sinkhole lake from the sandy beaches of the Pine Lake Day Use Area which includes:
- flushable outhouses
- change room facilities
- a cook shelter
- playground equipment
- picnic tables and fire pits
Know before you go
- Pine Lake becomes ice-free around the middle to the end of June.
- Water temperatures suitable for swimming are usually reached by July and continue until early September.
- Please keep in mind that the lake drops off quickly.
- The beach is unsupervised and there are no lifeguards on duty.
- Review some Water Safety information before your trip
Pine Lake also makes a great home base for water activities. Have a paddling adventure in a canoe, kayak, or on a stand-up paddleboard.
- Date modified :